Christmas, a sacred day, a religious holiday, rejoicing the birth of Jesus Christ.
A day celebrated with much gaiety worldwide. Santa Claus grants you your secret desire, Carols are sung, churches are visited by all in their finery, gifts are exchanged. And of course, a Christmas Cake is baked.
by Chef Vikas Bagul
Brown sugar 300gm
Almonds powder 100gm
Baking powder 4gm
Cinnamon powder pinch
Clove powder pinch
Mace powder pinch
Vanilla essence 5ml
Cross & Blackwell browning 200ml
Dry prunes 200gm
Mixed peels 50gm
Glacee cherries 100gm
Dry apricots 50gm
Cake wine 200ml
Strong beer 400ml
Ginger wine 200ml
Condensed milk 50gm
Orange zest 2 no
- Coarsely mince fruits, add liquids and rest for 2 weeks to mature.
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy, then add eggs gradually, essence and zest.
- Mix to the flour, almonds powder, and spices, then add to the butter mixture, then browning, molasses, and condensed milk, lightly mix to a smooth mixture.Add the mix fruits to butter mix.Pour mix into greased baking tins.
- Bake at 135-165 C for 4-6 hrs depending on size.Cool down for 5 mins, then pour extra brandy&rum over the cake.
- To store, wrap in paper, cling film, then silver foil.Turn cake daily so that the alcohol does not drain to the bottom of the cake.
Lets Enjoy Party with Santa Claus, Jingle bells, Mistletoe, Carols, Christmas Cake